Monday, September 3, 2007

Alisia's List

Here is my list, although I may add in a few more alternates depending on my mood. The first one I plan on reading is Girl in a Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland.

Books Chosen:
1. Independent People - Haldor Laxness
2. Sarah, Plain and Tall - Patricia MacLachlan
3. A Woman in Jerusalem - A.B. Yehoshua
4. The Giver - Lois Lowry
5. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke
6. Girl in a Hyacinth Blue - Susan Vreeland

Alternates:
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Eragon - Christopher Paolini
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Climbing the Mango Trees - Jaffrey Madhur
The Road - Cormac McCarthy

5 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

you've got a few books here that i've really enjoyed - Sarah, Plain and Tall, The Giver, and The Time Traveler's Wife - and i'm currently listening to Eragon on CD.

i've been hearing good things about Snow Flower, The Book Thief, and The Road, so i'll be interested in your reviews - if you get to those alternates.

happy reading!

janiejane said...

What a great list! I love Sarah, Plain and Tall, and Snow Flower and The Road were both very good as well.

Kathleen said...

The Giver is one of my favourite books. I want to read The Time Traveller's Wife but it's not available at my library.

Booklogged said...

I love the way Susan Vreeland writes. Be sure to read the interview with her at the back of Girl in Hyacinth Blue. Love that book! And also, The Giver and The Book Thief. It looks to me that you're going to have fun with this challenge.

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

I've read the time travellers wife quite a few times. It's a fantastic book and it always makes me cry... get tissues when you read it..lol

xxxxxxxxxx